Your hair can dry out just like your skin does. Dry hair looks matte and straw-like. Providing the moisture is essential your hair. I like to share a some tips that will help you retain moisture in your hair, even in the day to day fight against your environment.
- The circulated air in airplanes is usually dry, which is not ideal for the hair. On your flight you should apply a thermal or moisture protecting hair spray every hour. This helps with moisture retention during long flights
- Putting lotion on your hands is great in winter, running the palms of your hands over your hair right after applying lotion. This will give a little extra moisture to your hair, be sure that your lotion isn’t alcohol based.
- The ends of the hair is the driest part of the hair strand. Instead of using a leave-in conditioner(which is watered down), try rinsing your conditioner only at the root and mid-shaft. this will help seal in moisture.
- Before using a flat or curling iron you should always apply a protective thermal or styling spray (this will not protect your curl pattern). This creates a barrier between the heat and the hair strand.
- Mash the pulp of an avocado mix with an teaspoon wheat oil and lemon juice. If its too thick drizzle water in the mixture. Apply to hair and leave on for 15 minutes.